Consolidated Irrigation District Newsletter.
MESSAGE TO OUR READERS
Election day is almost here! Please remember to vote on Tuesday, November 6th in the general election. For information about Fresno County polling locations and times, please visit www.co.fresno.ca.us/departments/county-clerk-registrar-of-voters, for King’s County information, please visit www.countyofkings.com/departments/general-services/assessor-clerk-recorder-elections/elections.
The following week, Tuesday November 13th is our Prop 218 Assessment Rate Increase
Public Hearing scheduled for 10:00 a.m. on November 13, 2018, at the Kearney Ag Station, 9240 S. Riverbend Avenue, Parlier CA 93648. If you wish to comment on the Prop 218 Assessment, you are invited to do so at this public hearing.
If you have bought or sold land recently, and your ballot is inaccurate, please call the CID Office at (559) 896-1661 by Monday November 5th at noon, and staff will work with the County to get you a revised ballot.
There are two more Prop 218 Assessment Rate increase community meetings scheduled:
Tuesday, October 30th, 2018** at the Caruthers Fair Grounds, Large Room from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. ** Please note that this is a date/location change.
Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 at the Sun Maid Conference Room from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
For more information about this Prop 218 Election, please attend one of our upcoming community meetings or visit www.cidwater.com/prop-218/ . You may also contact Phillip Desatoff, General Manager by phone at (559) 896-1661 or email at email@example.com.
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Overview
the last few months, we have shared information on the Sustainable
Groundwater Management Act, SGMA, to keep you informed. Our latest
effort is a Video that will give you an overview, in non-technical terms.
The State Water Resources Control Board also has information on SGMA. They have website that contains tools, information and resources.
To learn more, visit water.ca.gov/Programs/Groundwater-Management/SGMA-Groundwater-Management
Prop 218 Assessment Rate Increase Supporters
A number of our landowners have signed Prop 218 Assessment Rate Increase support forms including:
• Jeff Tipton, Tipton Farms
• Mitch Bagazarian, Baggie Farms
• Rich Schuil, Schuil Farms
• Michael Kazarian, RK Limited
• Santokh Dhillon, DG Farms
• Jaswant Bal
• Tom Riley
• Thomas Chandler, Chandler Farms
• Kam Boparai, Boparai
• Rick Lenocker
• Raj Kylar, Kylar Farms
• Baljit Boparai, Boparai Farms
• Amarinder Gill, Gill Operations
• John Chandler, Chandler Farms
• Michael Flynn, Suncrest Bank
• Glenn Martin, ME-Vineyards Management
• Monna Hamby, Parlier
• Mitchel Ritchie, Sihota Farms
• Rodney Milton, Parlier
• Steve Spate, Fresno
• Thomas Benzler, Fresno
• Tony Lewis, Kingsburg
• Earl Hudson, Sanger
• Larry Cruff, Cruff Farms
• Ray Moles, Ray Moles Farms
• Richard Littrell, Fresno
• Harry Berberian, Harry Berberian & Sons
• Sonny Kazerian, RK Limited
• Paul Sihota, HPS Farming Inc
• David Kazanjian, Selma CA
• Gary Serrato, Fresno Irrigation District
• Blake Carlson, Kingsburg CA
• Michael Avedisian
• Brenton Shafer, Selma CA
• Robert Jackson, DayBreak Organics
• Russel & Matthew Efird, Double E Farms Inc.
• Laurel Ridgway, Okubo-Ridgway Farm
• Simon Sihota, Sihota Farms
• Gregory Mizuno, Reedley CA
• Walter Mizuno, Reedley CA
If you would like to add your name to the list, please visit www.cidwater.com/prop-218/.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube.
The Consolidated Irrigation District (CID) was organized on September 8, 1921 and provides water from the Kings River for irrigation and groundwater recharge to ensure ground water aquifer sustainability and resiliency.
Consolidated Irrigation District
2255 Chandler Street