Prop 218 Assessment Increase Public Meetings
The Consolidated Irrigation District (CID or District) is seeking approval from landowners to increase its assessments on land in the District. In 2014, Governor Brown signed into law the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), which provides local agencies with authority to manage groundwater basins in a sustainable manner. SGMA defines sustainable groundwater management as the management of groundwater supplies in a manner that can be maintained during the planning and implementation horizon without causing undesirable results. If a local agency is not managing its groundwater sustainably, SGMA directs the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) to protect the groundwater resource until that local agency can sustainably manage the groundwater in its basin. In addition to the Public Hearing, Consolidated Irrigation District is hosting a number of Community Meetings in regard to the Prop 218 Assessment Increase. The meetings will be held on:
• Tuesday, September 18th, 2018 at the Kearney Ag Center, Nectarine Room from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, September 25th, 2018 at the City of Selma, Council Chambers from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 at the Kearney Ag Center, Nectarine Room from 6:00 p.m. a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 **at the Kearney Ag Center, Nectarine Room from 6:00 p.m. a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ** Please note that this is a date change.
• Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 at the Sun Maid Conference Room from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.